As a result of completing the Farm Disaster Preparation Certificate class
• Farm owners will recognize the importance of active preparation to create and maintain a safe and secure supply of food and farm products, even in a disaster.
• Farm owners will understand the role of insurance in business continuity and risk management.
• Farm families will learn how investment in disaster preparation can provide positive returns to the farm, even if a disaster does not occur.
• Employers will increase their farm personnel’s ability to respond to an emergency to reduce potential losses to the farm.
• Farm families will identify important ways to notify family members, farm personnel, and emergency responders about hazards present on the farm.
• Farm families will understand what emergencies or disasters they are actually vulnerable to.
• In the months following the training, participants will report that they have taken proactive steps to prepare for a disaster.