Insurance Discount Opportunity
The Farm Disaster Preparation Certificate is unique in that it presents an opportunity for a discount on some farm insurance policies. Several farm insurance companies in New York are recognizing the Certificate and will provide an incentive for farm owners to participate in the training program.
How it works
1) Insurance policyholder (the person named as the primary owner of the policy) attends the training and receives a dated certificate to provide to their insurer. The farm safety officer or other key personnel are welcome to attend to represent the entire farm. Some farms will require all employees or family members to attend.
2) The insurance company determines whether the Certificate satisfies a condition of eligibility for receiving a more favorable farm insurance policy review or a discount on the farm’s annual insurance premium. Each farm policy is distinct, so the financial value of the discount (if offered) will vary according to individual policies and policyholder circumstances.
- Farm Family Insurance: Very supportive of the program in New York State and will provide a 10% discount on SFP® Policy coverage, including farm buildings, machinery and farm liability.
- Finger Lakes Fire and Casualty: Very supportive of the program in the Finger Lakes region and will provide a 10% discount on farm-related coverage.
- Nationwide Insurance Company: The certificate provides the policyholder with a positive evaluation regarding the farm insurance policy
- CountryWay Insurance: The certificate provides the policyholder with a positive evaluation regarding the farm insurance policy.
Any insurance company or representative may inquire about supporting policy credits or discounts the Farm Disaster Preparation Certificate class by contacting the program coordinator, Stephen Hadcock, 585-394-3977 x402 or firstname.lastname@example.org